- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 ⅔ cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups diced white mushrooms
- ½ yellow onion, diced
1. Place cauliflower, milk, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 7-8 minutes, until cauliflower is softened. Then, puree using a food processor, immersion blender or blender.
2. Meanwhile, add oil, mushrooms and onion to a medium-sized saucepan. Heat over high heat until onions are translucent and beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Add pureed cauliflower mixture to sauteed mushrooms. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened. Serve immediately.
I don't use any salt or oil. Mushrooms and onions sauté just fine in water alone.
Cream of Mushroom Soup. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.