- 2 cans black beans with liquid
- 2 cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground Ancho chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground Chipotle
- ¼ cup brown rice
- 2 limes, juice of
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
1. In small Crockpot, combine beans, tomatoes, chicken or vegetable stock, onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, Ancho chile powder and Chipotle chile powder. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (or 3-4 hours on high), until tomatoes are disintegrating and beans are starting to fall apart.
2. When soup has reached the consistency you want, turn Crockpot to high if you were cooking on low. Add 1/4 cup rice and cook until rice is done, about 30 minutes.
3. Add fresh lime juice and cilantro and cook 5 minutes more. Serve hot, with additional fresh lime pieces for each person to squeeze into soup and more cilantro if desired.
I think this is a spin off of a Cuban dish but the closest I could pick with this software was Mexican.
Black Beans and Rice with Lime Juice. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.